The questions below are a only a guide. If you want to focus on areas of your experience that the questions don’t cover, feel free. You can write as much as you like, so please include as much detail as you can.
- What made you choose [DESTINATION]?
- What were your first impressions of your placement hospital? Think about what you saw, thought and felt. It might be helpful to use the healthcare system in your home country as a point of comparison.
- What clinical knowledge and skills did you pick up or develop on your placement? Did you become more resourceful? Did you develop your practical skills? How?
- Write about the most memorable cases you were involved in or observed (this is the most important part).
- Write about the biggest differences between the healthcare system in your home country and [DESTINATION]. How did practises differ, and how did you feel about these differences?
- What did you learn from local hospital staff? How did they help you understand the reasons behind local practises?
- What did you get up to in the evenings and during weekends?
- What would you say to encourage others to undertake an overseas placement?
Please send in a minimum of 5 photos with your story. If you have more than 5 photos, please share as many as possible.
Please make sure you send your photos separately as email attachments.
Email your story and images to: email@example.com