Documenting your Work the World story is a great chance to create a tangible record of your Work the World experience. It will be published online, which will give you even more standout in the working world. It’s much easier to decide which country to travel to once you’ve heard from people with first-hand experience. Don’t worry if you’re not much of a writer. We’ll professionally edit your story, too.
The questions below are a only a guide. If you’ve got an amazing clinical story, or want to focus on areas of your experience that the questions don’t cover, please feel free. You can write as much as you like about whatever you like. Please try to include as much information as you can.
- Give us a step-by-step account of your first 24 hours in [DESTINATION]
- Talk through your impressions of the destination once you’d had a chance to settle in
- Talk about your positive experiences when using the MyTrip planner
- Did you do any fundraising or apply for any sponsorships/bursaries to fund your placement with us?
- What made you choose this destination and was it all you expected it to be?
- Walk us through your travel experiences whilst in [DESTINATION] — your weekend and afternoon trips are of particular interest.
- Did you allow yourself any extra weeks to travel before your placement started, or after it finished?
- What were the most interesting, noteworthy, or moving cases you saw during your placement? Include as much information as you can.
- How did these experiences match up to what you thought you were going to see on placement?
- How were these cases handled and treated compared with back home?
- What were the most noticeable differences in healthcare delivery between [DESTINATION] and your home country?
- What skills have you gained or developed during your placement that you took home with you? (e.g. a new appreciation of resourcefulness, practical skills that you’ve seen being used etc.)
- Tell us about the cultural exchange between yourself and hospital staff — what were the most striking differences?
- Describe life in the WtW house for someone who has never lived in one before?
- Describe what it’s like to live with other healthcare students from around the world?
- If you had to pick one thing about your experience that will stick in your mind forever, what would it be?
- What two pieces of advice would you give to other students who maybe considering doing a placement overseas?
- In one short paragraph, how would you describe your overall experience to friends and family?
Please send in a minimum of 4 photos with your story. If you have more than 4 photos you’d like to share, please do. The more the better!
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 1273 974634