We've received some incredible feedback from our programme in Merida, Mexico since it opened earlier this year.
To mark the successes we thought we'd share some of the best photos we've received from students over the past few months.
So, without further ado...
- Georgia and John stopping for a photo in one of Merida's many open plazas on their way to placement -
- You can't swim with whale sharks in many places... not a problem in Mexico -
- Out and about, you'll see how some of the city's old ways are still in practice -
- Local staff are often just as interested in your country as you are in theirs -
Work the World’s relationship with my placement hospital was instrumental in helping make the most of my time there.
- You'll see an abundance and diversity of wildlife during your trip -
- There are amazing structures all over Mexico leftover from ancient civilisations -
In the afternoons and at weekends, my housemates and I explored Mexico!
- A Mariachi band often pay a visit to the Work the World house for some evening entertainment -
- Even though it's in the Americas, there's a lot of European influece in Merida -
- These underground, water-filled caves are all over Mexico, you can swim and scuba dive in them -
- Emma, Olivia, and Sophie after a Spanish Language lesson in the Work the World house -
The atmosphere in the Work the World house meant that it was easy to make friends.
- Sophie Ryder finding out that the best way to see Merida is on foot—you'll find something new every time -
- Adiba Hussain ready for placement outside one of our partner hospitals -
I took part in delivering treatments to patients, saw how different cases were handled, and observed how the standard of equipment was lower than in the UK.
- Mexico's coasts are white sandy beaches and blue seas all the way along, just pick a spot -
You can find out how to join us in Merida by filling out the short form at the bottom of the page, or by giving us a call on the relevant number below:
UK: +44 (0)1273 974634 | AUS: +61 3 7000 6007 | USA: +1 (617) 315 1412 | NL: +31 10 310 08 32